Bad breath is the worst.
So we’ll spare the lecture of why breath smelling like old carpet, won’t do us any good.
We’re really here to discuss:
- Why we have bad breath
- What causes bad breath
- How to get rid of bad breath.
And no we’re not talking about your onion-perfumed mouth after you demolished a Philly Cheesesteak. We’re referring to the chronic bad breath that unfortunately plagues 25% of Americans, and is not simply resolved by mints or tic tacs.
This my friends, is referred to as Halitosis.
So What Causes Halitosis?
There are a couple of culprits that can flare up our ol’ friend Halitosis. But here are a few of the most common offenders:
- Our Food. Okay, so we’re not letting you off the hook that easy for annihilating that onion loaded cheesesteak, and not having a back up plan for your breath. See the foods we eat often leave residue in our mouth that cause a lingering odor. Lucky for you a quick Brushee fix, will have this cleaned up in no time!
- Dry mouth. Many people overlook the correlation between dry mouth and Halitosis, but it is real. See the saliva in our mouth is used to wash out germs and bacteria that often lead to bad breath. And if that saliva is no longer present due to smoking, poor nutrition or medications we may be taking, our chances of Halitosis just rose like a flower bud.
- Oral Care Complications. According to the ADA, the most common reason for Halitosis is often due to tooth decay and gum disease. As it’s much easier for bacteria and germs to live in the cavities and crevasses in our mouth if gone unchecked, and can be the real issue behind our chronic battle with bad breath.
How to Cope With Halitosis
If its simple, keep it simple.
Don’t let the food and beverages you drink be the reason why you’re walking around with bad breath during the day.
We created the Brushee to let our toothpaste in the bristles, toothpick and floss, do the job on whatever is you just put down for lunch!
On the other hand, if your bad breath is chronic and likely due to tooth decay or gum disease, we highly recommend you see a dental professional ASAP. As left untreated could leave you battling bad breath daily, and potentially cause damage to the long-term integrity of your oral health.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: best toothbrush, brush and floss regularly, Brushee 3-in-1, Brushee Blog, Brushee PocketSized Toothbrush, clean toothbrush, dental blog, dental care, dental routine, disposable toothbrush, Fresh Breathe, Oral Care, Oral Health, preventative care, summer vacation, tips and ideas, toothbrush, traveling